"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winter Wonderland

I picked this little purple skirt up at Adorn back in the fall.  I think this is it's first appearance on the blog, but I have worn it many times this fall/winter.  It is simple, versatile, and an all-in-all great skirt.  




Cami:  Calvin Klein
Tank:  J. Crew  Factory
Skirt:  Adorn
Cardigan:  J. Crew Jackie
Tights:  Hue
Shoes:  Gee WaWa oxfords
Necklace:  J. Crew
Belt:  J. Crew Clearance Store


Ben and I went on a beautiful hike last weekend. Although the sun was out, it was cold, cold, cold.  The sun was casting a magnificent light on the frozen forest.  The ground was frozen, the air was cold and crisp, and the sun was attempting to warm the earth.  It was stunning.  It makes me think of that song, "Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy"♫♪♫♪.