"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Virgo

Okay, enough reminiscing about 2012.  Onwards and upwards in 2013!  This is my outfit from today.  After taking Kya to the vet (for her annual exam/vaccinations) and taking Kaitlyn out to lunch, Ben and I had a meeting with a financial adviser.  One of my goals this year is to get my finances in order.  We are trucking along okay on our own, but we decided it was time to consult with a professional to 1) make sure we really are on the right path, 2) help us figure out ways to meet our goals more quickly and efficiently, and to 3) help us make smart decisions for long term goals (retirement, etc.).  Today's meeting was just to get to know each other and for her to gather data.  I can't wait to meet with her next time when she will actually have a plan/suggestions for us.  I'm looking forward to a new perspective!

What are your thoughts on the matter?  Do you go it alone or utilize a professional?  Do you have any tips/tricks/stories to share?  




Top:  J. Crew Clearance Store
Cardigan:  Anthropologie Tierred Ruffles Open Cardigan
Pants:  AG Stevie crops in nutmeg
Belt:  J. Crew Clearance Store
Socks:  Sock Dreams
Shoes:  Dansko
Bracelet:  Gift

Check out my new bracelet!  Isn't is beautiful?  My mother-in-law got it for me for Christmas.  She knew I wanted the Anthropologie Zodiac Calendar Cuff, so she had this one handmade for me.  I love how the virgo symbol is combined with my initials.  Love, love, love!