"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Donut Burger

Today started off kind of blah.  I lazed around and then finally got some motivation this afternoon.  Ben and I ran a few errands and then went out for a late lunch/early dinner.  We decided to go to The Original, which is kind of an updated/modern take on a 1950s style diner.  We shared some chili cheese fries and we each got a donut burger slider (and I *may* have gotten a root beer float too:).  The donut burger slider was definitely interesting.  It was delicious, but also a little weird.  I have a hard time with certain sweet and savory combinations.  It was fun to try!

Another new thing I tried today is the sock bun.  Yes, I know sock buns are nothing new and I am super late to the game.  I have never really been good with styling my hair, but now that it is getting longer, I am determined to try some new things. I watched a few sock bun tutorials on youtube, and then went for it.  It was surprisingly easy and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  What should I try next?






Top:  Anthropologie
Cardigan:  J. Crew Jackie
Jeans:  Joe's Jeans via Anthropologie
Boots:  Target

Donut burger slider from The Original