"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012 Recap #1: Outfits

Last January, I did a 'Favorite Purchases of 2011' post (here).  This year, I think I will do things a little bit differently.  I'm going to break the 2012 recap up into a few different posts.  I will start with 5 of my favorite outfits of 2012.     


Featuring the Anthropologie Tupelo Dress - original post here.

Featuring a Clair Vintage dress from Adorn - original post here.

Featuring the Anthropologie Honeyed Life Shirtdress and Back porch Blouse - original post here.
Featuring the Anthropologie Optimist Dress - original post here.


Featuring the Anthropologie Spinning Lace Dress - Original post here.


I love looking back over my posts and reflecting on the year.  In looking at my outfits, here are a few realizations I made:


  • I need to take more outfit photos - there are often times when I find myself wearing something that I would love to photograph and add to the blog, but for whatever reason (too dark by the time I get home, weather is too bad, Ben isn't available to snap the photos, etc.), the photos never get taken.  I would like to figure out a back-up plan.  Right now, it's dark when I leave in the mornings and dark when I get home.  Once the days get longer, maybe I will try to do outfit photos in the morning, before we leave for work.
  • I really love Anthropologie dresses.  Okay, I guess I knew this before:)  I'm not super surprised that 4 out of my top 5 outfits feature Anthropologie dresses. 
  • I love mint and I need more of it in my life.
  • I only like red as an accent color.  That red belt was a really great purchase. 
  • I probably don't need any more J. Crew Jackie cardigans:)