"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Button-back


I hope your holiday weekend is off to a nice start. I had a lazy morning, a delicious brunch at Zell's, and a long afternoon nap:) Other than a movie tonight, we really don't have any plans for the rest of the weekend. What about you?

I first noticed this top when Appgal reviewed it (here). It's the Stripe Button-Back tee from J. Crew. When J. Crew was offering 30% off sale items a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the tee was still available in my size. I got it for just under $14. Score! I love this tee. It is so soft and comfy.









The best part of the tee is the back. Aren't the buttons cute?






Top: J. Crew
Cardigan: J. Crew Jackie
Jeans: Pilcro via Anthropologie
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Botanicalbird (Thanks, Syd!)


In other news, I've had a very lucky shoe week. After finding a new Chie Mihara love (I will share soon), I scored some great deals on a couple of other pairs of shoes. I happened to see that someone posted over at Effortless Anthropologie about seeing the Lemon Stick wedges on second cut for $29.99 at their local store (even though they are still $79.95 elsewhere). I quickly called the store and these beauties are now on their way to me. After reading the reviews, I think that they may end up being too big for me. For that price though, it's worth a shot. I really hope I can make them work.


I also ordered the Crossover Clogs on popback for $29.99. Fingers crossed that they actually ship!