"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend business trip

What a crazy week in blog land! So much has already been said about the anthroholic scandal (see here for more info) and since I was not personally involved (thank goodness), I really don't have much to add. I will just say that I of course feel terribly for everyone who was taken advantage of. I hope each and every one of them can find a resolution in a timely manner. I would also like to add that while I understand how upsetting and disheartening this situation is, I also realize that there are so many other wonderful things to focus on. There really are so many wonderful people in our little community, people who are genuine, people who mean well, and people who have lots of positive/inspirational/beautiful things to share. That is what I will be focusing on.

I spent the weekend in San Diego for work. I took a super early flight on Friday, so that I would have a little bit of time to relax. I went on a hike, had lunch by the pool, and then just lounged around for most of the evening. Yesterday, I was in meetings pretty much all day. Afterwards, I went to a sunset yoga class and then to a fabulous dinner. Today, I had a quick, early morning meeting, and then I made my way home to my super excited pups:)

The crossover clogs actually shipped! I can't believe I scored these for $30 bucks! They were on "backorder" for about a week, but then they shipped! I love them. They are TTS, well-made, and gorgeous.



I'm not sure what kind of plant this is (if you recognize it, let me know), but it is amazing. This photo is not edited at all.



Last night, I had dinner at Addison. Apparently, this is the only 5-star, 5-diamond restaurant in Southern California. It was quite fancy and so delicious. The whole experience, from the time I walked through the door, to my last sip of coffee at the end of the evening, was perfect (great job perk, right?)



My raspberry, almond, chocolate dessert