"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Million Pleats

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful day. I even took Friday off so that I could extend my birthday celebration throughout the long weekend:) Ben surprised me with the best birthday gift ever - a vintage SLR 35mm camera! I have had so much fun this weekend playing around with it. It produces really lovely images. Film has such a special quality that I think you just can't get from a digital camera. I am just starting to learn how to use it, but I already love it. Once I figure out how to get the images in an electronic format, I will share some here.

My mom knew just what I needed for my birthday this year - shopping money! What a perfect gift, right? Especially since I saved my anthro discount for yesterday. Thanks, mom! This skirt is one of the items you got me:)

This skirt was wishlisted as soon as I tried it on when it first appeared in my store. The color is gorgeous, I love the pleats/waist detail, and the midi length is perfect (it's my first midi skirt!). It fits well and is very comfortable.










I'm showing off one of our farmers market finds - a tiny little tree:)


Top: J. Crew
Skirt: Anthropologie Million Pleats Midi
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Botanical Bird
Bag: Hobo via Anthropologie


I hope you are enjoying the weekend!