"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

OOTD and wedding planning

Here is my OOTD. The temps have dropped back down to the 70's, so I'm back in tights and cardigans (well, I actually wear a cardigan pretty much ever single day regardless of the temperature:).










Top: J. Crew Leslie Lace shell
Cardigan J. Crew Jackie
Skirt: UO
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Seychelles
Necklace: J. Crew
Hair pin: Anthropologie

I am getting married next month! I am having so much fun planning, crafting, and getting everything ready. This is not going to be a traditional wedding in any way - this is more of a 'come to our awesome BBQ/Party and oh, btw, we're getting married' kind of thing. I have never planned a big event like this and to make it a little more challenging, it is happening all the way across the county in NC. I have found so many wonderful ideas on Pinterest (follow me here and see my party pin board here). I thought I would share a few of my favorites.


From Oh Lovely Day via Pinterest


From Elizabeth Ann Designs via Pinterest


From Hostess Blog via Pinterest


From Littlekittenhomemade etsy shop via Pinterest


Do you have any party planning tips to share with me? Pretty please?!?!