"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Painted Hills

Hi ladies! Thanks for all of the tips on my last post. I have come to the realization that those shoes are just not available. I searched every site that I know of and also emailed Chie Mihara customer service. They were kind enough to write back and let me know that they had done a search of their database, and the shoes were not available in my size anywhere. No worries though, I have already discovered a new Chie Mihara love! More on that later:)

Ben and I went camping this past weekend. We took all 3 dogs along as well. Trust me when I tell you that this is no small feat. Talus loves to run away and he is quite the escape artist, Zander has extreme anxiety (I believe he was mistreated before we adopted him), and Kya pretty much hates Zander, so much so that they have to be separated at all times. As you can imagine, this makes for some interesting times. I'm not sure what we were thinking when we decided to bring everyone along, but I'm glad we did. The trip went much better than I ever expected. The dogs had a blast, they got to run, play, and swim the whole time.

We went to central Oregon to see Painted Hills. We have been meaning to check it out since we moved here, and we finally made it happen.


I guess this is my OOTD:) I'm wearing a J. Crew tee and Joe's jeans.







Check out our campsite. Isn't is beautiful? We were pretty much in the middle of nowhere. There was no one else in sight. It was a little creepy at first, but it really was perfect for the dogs.




This is Zander, loving the outdoors. He is such a gorgeous guy.




Talus discovered that he really does like to swim:)




Fun with the camera!