"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happily Ever After

I FINALLY have some more wedding pictures to share!



Here we are, tying the knot! Our good friend, Graham, married us. Do you guys know just how easy it is to become ordained online? It seriously takes about 2 seconds. Crazy! I'm glad though - it was so nice to have someone we know and love marry us:)

Yes, I cried! I was absolutely not expecting to. However, once we were up there, it all became so real and beautiful. As soon as I saw Ben start to tear up, I pretty much lost it.






My dress from the back (and my lace sash, and SHOES!!!). I searched and searched and searched for my wedding shoes. I spent hours online looking for the perfect pair. I found this lovely pair of Chie Mihara shoes on an international site. Of course, they did not offer shipping to the US so, my search continued, but I kept coming back to THIS pair. I decided that maybe I would just go with another colorway of this same style. I was googling the style name to find out about sizing, and what do you know, I found THE shoes available from a small shop in Seattle. For whatever reason, google shopping (or any of the other shopping sites I use) did not show me this option. Had I not just stumbled onto this website while looking for sizing information, I never would have known. Anyways, here are my wedding shoes, the Chie Mihara Lara Heel, in the red colorway (it appears that they are no longer available at Sole Food, but they do have other styles available).



Graham's girlfriend, Jen, did my hair. Isn't it gorgeous? She did such a wonderful job:)

One of my best friends let me borrow her grandmother's pearls. They were just perfect with my dress and the vintage vibe I was going for. I was honored to wear them.



I mentioned in a previous post that I had a bit of a disaster with my veil just about a week or so before the wedding. Luckily, I found a wonderful boutique here in Portland that saved the day! Andrea with August Veils was WONDERFUL. She was so accommodating and creative. She made my hairpiece/veil and the flower that is pinned to my sash. She even incorporated my Honeybee Brooch from BHLDN into my flower (the one on my sash).



We did polaroids instead of a guest book. Here I am having fun with my parents and my brother and sister.



My mom and I



Hugging my new mother-in-law just after the ceremony



I am one happy, happy girl!


My wedding outfit details -

Dress: Anthropologie Longing for Yellow dress (HUGE thanks to Marcela and the EA Trade Market)
Cardigan: Ann Taylor
Shoes: Chie Mihara Lara Heels
Veil/Hairpiece and flower: August Veils
Necklace: borrowed from friend
Sash: vintage lace via Etsy (here)
Gloves: vintage via AlexSandra's
Pearl bracelet: gift from my mom
Although you can't see them very well in these shots, I also had these little bobby pins tucked in my hair and the BHLDN Honeybee Brooch in the flower on my sash.


Ben's wedding outfit details -
Suit: Banana Republic Mad Men collection
Shirt: Brooks Brothers (we discovered that this is the ONLY place that offers nice button ups in an extra slim fit)
Tie: Nordstrom
Shoes: Vintage


I do have a few other things I want to share from our wedding/party, so you can expect 1 or 2 more wedding posts. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!