"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

Although I am not a fan of the black Friday craziness, I could not resist my favorite store, Anthropologie. I woke up at 3:00am to place an online order, then Ben and I headed downtown to our local store at 5:40am.

When the doors opened, there were about 30 people waiting in line to get in. The selection was better than I expected - the sale room was full, there were lots of apparel racks outside the sale room, a few big tables full of home goods, and a couple of tables with jewelry/accessories. It was a little bit overwhelming, but I quickly made my rounds through the sale racks, then headed to the fitting room. I'm glad we got there early because as I was checking out, I noticed that there was a really long line for the fitting rooms and the store was starting to get very crowded.

Here are a few of the items I scored today:


AG Stevie Ankle jeans in green


Sateen Skinny Pants


Checked Crops


Camellia Blouse


Dog Rose Pullover


Accordion Should Bag


I also picked up a quilt, some curtains, and a few gifts. What about you? What did you score? How was your black Friday experience?

Now, I'm planning on being super lazy. I am going to watch movies, snuggle with the dogs, and nap all day!