"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Vappu

As spring slooooooowly makes its way to Portland, I'm finding myself reaching for brighter, lighter pieces.  The Vappu dress hasn't seen the light of day for awhile.  Time to take it for a spin!  I think I'm going to try to make an effort to rotate through all of my (weather appropriate) pieces over the next couple of months and then do a closet purge once I see what doesn't get worn.

After hearing JG rave about this Purple Velvet Torte recipe, I had to give it a try.  It just came out of the oven a few minutes ago and I have to say, it is delicious!  It is very rich and chocolaty.  If you eat paleo/gluten free/etc. (or if you just want an awesome way to sneak some beets into your diet), I highly recommend giving this a try. 




Dress:  Anthropologie Vappu Dress
Cardigan:  J. Crew Jackie
Tights:  B. Ella
Belt:  unknown
Necklace:  Kate Spade "Hang In There" Necklace
Bracelet:  Anthropologie Astrological Maps Bracelet