"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Striped Empire

I picked this dress up a few weeks ago during the 20% off promo.  I wore it for the first time today and I love it!  It is TTS, extremely comfy, and cut in a simple yet flattering way.  I think it's a great spring/summer dress.








 Dress:  Anthropologie Striped Empire Day Dress
Cardigan:  J. Crew Jackie
Shoes:  Anthropologie
Necklace:  Anthropologie
Belt:  J. Crew Clearance Store

The backdrop to some of my OOTD photos may be a little more exciting now that our house got a little face lift.  The new paint job was finally completed a couple of weeks ago.  You may remember that we started this process months ago, back in December.  I'm so relieved that it is finally done.   Our house is definitely the brightest on the block, but I wouldn't want it any other way:)  The first day I saw it with the blue paint, I was a bit shocked and I  admit to doubting our color choices for short time.  After I got used to it and especially after the trim/accent colors were added, I knew it was perfect.  We wanted something bright, fresh, happy, and not boring.  

 BEFORE

DURING

AFTER!!!


Now, I'm off to watch Game of Thrones!  Hope you have a great start to the week:)