"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Stripes and my new bag

I finally found the perfect bag for my trip next month. I followed all of your leads and searched a lot of different websites before stumbling on this beauty from asos.

Of course, after looking at all of the pictures of the bag and deciding that it was "the one," I went to add it to my cart and saw that it was sold out. What a bummer! Luckily, I emailed myself the link and when I went back a couple of days later to look at it and pout about it being sold out, there was one in stock! It arrived on Friday and I love it. It is the perfect size (can easily hold my ipad, kindle, camera, sweater, wallet, etc.) I like that it is structured, but in a soft, relaxed way. It looks like there is a tan one in stock right now - here's the link in case you want to stalk it: Pieces Flana Leather Shopper

This is my outfit from yesterday. I took Kaitlyn (my "little sister" through Big Brothers/Big Sisters) to see The Hunger Games and out to lunch. She was so excited. When I picked her up, she gave me a card. On the inside, she had written "Happy hunger games! May the odds be ever in your favor." We both had a great time and even though she loved the movie, she was eager to point out all of the differences between the book and the movie. She loves reading, which makes me very happy.













Top: J. Crew factory
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Jeans: AG
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Etsy
Bag: asos