"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bathroom updates

Since I barley got out of my PJ's today, and have to outfits to show you, I thought I would show off our new bathroom instead. It is still not totally finished. We need to finish the trim and have some cabinet doors/mirrors made, but the majority of the work is done.

Pretty much everything is new. We painted the ceiling and walls, put up the wainscoting and trim, crafted the built-in shelves, put a new sink/faucet in (and even moved the plumbing around), put the tile floor down, installed 2 new lights, moved the electrical outlet to a different part of the wall, installed a new fan, and I'm sure there is a lot I'm forgetting. This project started out as a simple paint job and it snowballed from there. I am SO happy with how it turned out! All of the updates make having a teeny tiny bathroom not so bad:)

Built-in shelves, new sink, new shower curtain


I think the floor is my favorite part!

New sink with vintagey porcelain/chrome faucet


New light fixtures (one above the sink and the other above the shower)



Here are a few other random home decor related things!

I saw this Orla Kiely print in the window of a paper store close to my office. I purchased it, not really knowing what I was going to do with it (it was a large piece of paper with the bigger print on one side and the smaller print on the other). I'm not totally convinced that it looks good in this frame, but I am going to leave it for a few days and see what I think.



I posted about this lamp a few weeks ago. By the time I got around to buying it, it was on clearance. Score!



This is one of my Valentines day gifts from Ben. It looks perfect sitting next to the new lamp.