"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Honeymoon

Guess where I'm going next month?


PARIS!!!! This trip will be a belated honeymoon for Ben and I. We are so excited! We went to Paris 8 years ago when we first started dating, so I think it's fitting that we will visit again for our honeymoon. The first time around, we visited in winter (just before Christmas, in fact.). I'm excited to see Paris in the springtime! Since we got all of the touristy things out of the way on that first trip, I am also looking forward to a low-key, relaxed vacation. I can't wait to just roam around, drink lots of coffee, eat lots of pastries, and shop. Speaking of shopping, I could use some help. I am saving my pennies for the trip, but there are a few things I need ahead of time.

My pre-Paris shopping list: 1) Jeans (already ordered), 2) bag, 3)shoes



Jeans



I needed a simple pair of jeans -skinny/straight fit, dark denim, and most importantly, not cropped/ankle length (I LOVE ankle length, but that is what all my current jeans are -I need a little variety:). I used to only wear Joe's jeans, but after buying some AG Stevies from Anthro, I knew it was time to switch it up. I found these AG Adriano Goldschmied Priemere Skinny Straight jeans on 6pm.com for a great price. Fingers crossed that they fit:) Btw, I HATE those shoes they paired with the jeans.



So, I (hopefully) have the jeans covered. Here's where I need help:


Bag


I need a nice, big, slouchy-ish bag for the plane and for carrying around the city. I want something big enough for my ipad/wallet/phone/etc. and for my camera and maybe a water bottle or something. I want to be able to throw in whatever I need for the day, but I don't want it to be huge or uncomfortable. This bag is the Transatlantic bag from Anthro. I like it, but I don't know if I love it, plus I'm not sure if the color really goes that well with most of my wardrobe. It would also be great to find something a little cheaper.

Do you have a brand or bag that you love? Where should I look?



SHOES


Lastly, I need some shoes (well, of course, I am ALWAYS in need of a good pair of shoes:). Seriously, I need some stylish shoes that can survive a lot of walking and provide a lot of support to my feet. Since I have plantar fasciitis, any pair of shoes that I wear for a long period of time has to have a lot of arch support and it has to be sturdy. If I know I'm going to be on my feet a lot at work, I wear my danskos (above). They are great for that purpose, but I don't think they will work for lots of walking, numerous days in a row, plus I would love to find something a little more stylish:)

Any suggestions?

I really, really don't want to end up wearing tennis shoes. Help!