"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, October 27, 2013

OOTD and anniversary celebration

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend!  This is a recent OOTD featuring a maternity dress I got from Shabby Apple.  I won a Shabby Apple gift card many months ago and couldn't decide what to spend it on.  Once I found out I was pregnant, I decided that this would be a great, versatile dress to have.  So far, so good!  It is comfy, light weight (which is great because I'm always hot), and has plenty of room for my belly.  I love the sleeve length because it covers my tattoo, so I don't have to wear a cardigan over it to the office.  The neck tie ads a little something, so it's not just a boring black dress.  

Dress:  Shabby Apple maternity line
Tights:  Assests maternity tights
Belt:  J.  Crew
Shoes:  Anthropologie Olivia Cutout Oxfords




Ben and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary earlier this month.  We kept things low key and ended up having a wonderful day together.  We spent the morning at the pumpkin patch (my favorite!), then we took a little day trip to Mount St. Helens to explore a bit and have a picnic.  Here are a few pictures from our day.