"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Whirlwind

Phew, what a week!  I was down with a cold for the early part of the week, then I traveled to Indianapolis for work for a few days.  When I arrived back home on Friday evening, Ben and I started working on our house and we just now finished up.  We have had a lot of work done on our house recently (new roof, new heat pump/AC, insulation, new windows, etc.).  All of the 'big stuff' was complete, but we still had a lot of cosmetic stuff that needed to be resolved.  Our house was also in need of a deep cleaning.  Since we have an appraisal scheduled for tomorrow (we are not selling, just refinancing), it all had to be done this weekend.   At least it's done now and I can enjoy a very clean and  cozy house:)

This outfit is from last weekend.  I ordered this Orla Kiely scarf from Uniqulo after reading about the collaboration  over at Consume or Consumed.  Not sure how, but I was totally in the dark about Uniqulo  and this collaboration until Jess posted her reviews (thanks!).  I LOVE this scarf!  I also ordered a dress, but  I will certainly not be wearing it as a dress.  It is inappropriately short on me, but I think I can pull it off as a tunic:)  




Top:  J. Crew Clearance Store
Jeans:  AG
Coat:  Anthropologie Ruffled Trench Coat
Shoes:  Dansko
Scarf:  Orla Kiely via Uniqlo