"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Oh darling

Ben and I are currently doing a cleanse/detox.  It is a 2 week program and today is day 13.  I just have to make it through 1 more day.  Ahhhhhh, I can not wait until Saturday!!!  The detox is fairly strict  - no caffeine  no alcohol, no sugar (NO SUGAR!), no grains, no dairy, etc.  I have been eating a ton of vegetables, some fruit, and a small amount of "clean" meat - all organic/hormone-free/etc.  We start our day with a paleocleanse smoothie and drink a lot of water and detox tea throughout the day.  At this point,I am feeling pretty fantastic.  I've dropped a few pounds and I feel energetic and happy.  While I am looking forward to having a coffee and some chocolate on Saturday, I am planning on making some of these eating habits permanent.  It feels really good to have a reset of sorts.

I finally got around to wearing the Darling cardigan I bought a few months ago.  It is really nice.  It's super soft and the buttons are beautiful.  You can't tell in these photos, but the edges are scalloped.  Unfortunately, we're stuck with crappy indoor photos for now:(

Happy (almost) Friday!              






Top:  J. crew
Cardigan:  Darling
Skirt:  UO
Tights:  J. Crew
Shoes:  Dansko