"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stripes X3!

Yesterday was my last day at my old job and my new job starts Monday.  I feel such a sense of relief and excitement!  With this new job comes a lot of changes, but I am ready.  One of the bigger changes is that I will now be taking public transportation to work.  It is definitely going to take some getting used to.  Ben and I went on a a little journey today to figure out the best route for me to take.  I am terrible with directions and get lost very easily, so I wanted to do a trial run.  It went well and was actually pretty easy.  For those of you who commute via public transportation, do you have any tips for me?  I am looking forward to catching up on my reading and NOT dealing with rush hour traffic!  I am a little bit worried about the rainy season starting up soon.  I'm sure I will be shopping for gloves/hats/rain coats/etc. in the very near future. 

I have been wearing a lot of stripes recently.  It seems like stripes are everywhere again this season and that makes me happy:)  Here are 3 recent outfits that all feature stripes of some sort:  


This is what I wore today.  The skirt is from last year.  I am getting a lot of wear out of my new J. Crew Polka Dot Chambray top - love it!

Tee:  J. Crew
Top:  J. Crew
Skirt:  Anthropologie Seamingly Maxi Skirt
Shoes:  Dansko



I bought this J. Crew factory knit blaze a couple of weeks ago.  It is fabulous!  It is so cozy, but still looks put-together and can definitely be worn to the office.







Top:  J. Crew
Blazer:  J. Crew Factory
Jeans:  AG
Shoes:  Gee WaWa oxfords



One last outfit featuring on of my favorite Jackie cardigans:)

Top:  J. Crew factory
Cardigan:  J. Crew Jackie
Jeans:  AG
Shoes:  Gee WaWa Oxfords
Necklace:  Etsy