"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Birthday Weekend (+ new shoes!)

I had the best birthday weekend!  My actual birthday was on Saturday, but I started celebrating on Friday and stretched it out as far as possible:)  It was wonderful in so many ways, but the very best thing about it was that my brother was here (he came all the way from NC!).  He and his girlfriend flew in last Wednesday evening and they left yesterday.  We had such a great time and I loved being able to spend time with him.

We went out to Doug Fir on Friday night to see Sallie Ford.  She was amazing.  Her music is very interesting, quirky and fun (and conducive to lots of dancing:).  I had such a blast!  On Saturday, we went out to brunch at one of my favorite spots (Petite Provence) and then spent some time outside at the park.  Later that night, I got dressed up and we went out for a nice dinner at another favorite, Pok Pok

Sunday we took a day trip to the coast.  We ended up doing the Cape Falcon hike at Oswald West state park.  It was a lovely, sunny, beautiful hike.  When we reached the top, we sat down to have a little picnic overlooking the ocean.  We soon discovered a whale right down below us, hanging out around the cliffs!  We spent a good long time just sitting there, watching the whale swim around and come up to spout every few minutes.  It was magical.  All in all, I had a beautiful, fun, and very special birthday weekend.



Ben has been talking about my birthday gift for weeks.  Apparently, he purchased the gift a while back and he has been so excited about giving it to me.  I think he was even more excited about my birthday than I was!  On Saturday morning, the wait was finally over.  I rolled out of bed and was still in my PJs when he insisted it was time to open my gift.  I tore the paper off to find a box I have grown to love - a CHIE MIHARA SHOEBOX!!!!  I was shocked!  I still cannot believe that my sweet husband bought me a pair of Chie's.  He even did his research before purchasing and ended up finding this post over at Will Work 4 Shoes, which reassured him that he was making the right purchase (thank you!).  I could not be happier with my new shoes.

Chie Mihara Olivan
       




Dress:  Anthropologie
Tights:  Hue
Shoes:  Chie Mihara  Olivan
Bracelet/hair clip:  Anthropologie



Here are some other shots from the weekend:

Me and my brother

Sallie Ford at Doug Fir
Brunch
Cape Falcon  - whale sighting
Whale

Whale
A perfect end to the day!