"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Coin Purse

Clearly, my indoor/low light photography could use some work. During the week, it is pretty much impossible to take OOTD shots because it gets dark here at 4:30pm. Mornings are not an option because I am usually still snoozing away when Ben leaves for work. We tried some shots with the flash, but they were terrible! We experimented for a bit, but ended up mainly using the light from our little Christmas tree. I will have to get something figured out, because our winters are very long here in Oregon:)

This is what I wore on Friday, for "jeans day" at work:






Top: Anthropologie Eastpointe Garden top
Cardigan: Anthropologie Coin Purse Cardigan (Liamolly)
Jeans: Pilcro
Shoes: Anthropologie Bouquet of Roses heels


As you know, we decided to do a few "minor" home improvement projects in our bathroom. We painted a couple of weeks ago, put in a new tile floor last weekend (and yes, after 3 days with no toilet, I really, really appreciate having a toilet again!), and here is the situation as of today:


Ummmm, that's right, an entire wall is now missing! I'm not sure how we got to this point (it started off with trying to install a new sink, which led us to realize that the drain pipe is not really in the right location, which led us to realize that nothing is really in the right location, which led us to realize that whomever installed that last sink did a really poor job and left ugly, crappy "patched up" holes everywhere), but Ben assures me that is is "no big deal" and that we will have a wonderful, beautiful, new bathroom in no time! I'm not quite convinced. I know it will turn out great, but I'm not so sure it will be as easy as Ben thinks. I think he is just trying to keep me from freaking out at this point. Wish us luck!