"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lazy summer day

I hope you all are having a great weekend!  I have been super lazy today.  Aside from going to an acupuncture appointment, checking out a new consignment shop (didn't find anything), and getting this recipe started, I pretty much just lazed around. 

Here is what I wore on this hot, low-key day.

Jeans:  AG Stevies via Anthropologie
Top:  J. Crew outlet
Shoes:  Birkenstocks
Bag:  Anthropologie
Bracelets:  Anthropologie


In out front yard, we have a huge cluster of fennel plants growing (we're talking ~8 feet tall).  They are gorgeous and attract all sorts of lovely bees, spiders, lady bugs, and lots of other little critters.  I love standing in front of all these plants just listening to hundreds of bees buzzing around, doing what they do.  It stirs my soul and makes me happy.  Here are a couple of pictures I snapped today.   


"Quietness has a strange, spongy hum that can nearly break your eardrums"
From The Secret Life of Bees (my most favorite book, which I just started re-reading)