"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Nursery

I hope 2014 is off to a great start for all of you!  I'm just trucking along.  My due date is next week (ack!!!).  I'm getting so excited, but trying to stay calm and be patient.  I want to share some pictures of the nursery.  We never had a theme or color scheme to work with - we just wanted something fun, interesting, and functional.  This room is tiny (as is our whole house), so we didn't have much space to work with.  I'm so happy with how it turned out!  I think it will be perfect for our little guy.





This was a fun and cheap project Ben and I did together.  Ben put these frames together mostly from wood scraps he had laying around and we went to the fabric store a few different times to pick our prints we both liked and simply stapled the fabric to the frames.  An easy way to add color and interesting shapes!  







We didn't have anything to put above his crib so we used the 'welcome' banner from our baby shower

I had this made for my little guy.  One of my good friends from Ohio made it with lots of love.  I love the colors and the hexagon pattern.  Can't wait to snuggle my baby boy under this lovely blanket:)