"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pregnancy update: 2 months to go




How far along: 31weeks and 3 days

Development: According to The Bump, baby is the size of a Pineapple. He weighs somewhere around 3 pounds and is going through major brain and nerve development.

Symptoms:  Still feeling tired, sore, and achy, although prenatal yoga and daily pelvic tilt exercises helped.  I've also noticed some minor 'restless leg' twinges when resting.  My ankles have started to get a little puffy in the past week.  

Maternity clothes: I have a feeling I'm going to get bored of my maternity clothes very soon.  I am intentionally keeping my maternity wardrobe small because I don't think it makes sense to spend a lot of money on clothes that I will only be able to wear for a short time.  I did recently win a Loft gift card over at Musings on the Mountain , which I used on a couple of new maternity pieces.  Can't wait to add them into the rotation!

Stretch marks: I just noticed my first stretch marks this morning.  It bothered me more than I thought it would.  After a struggle with infertility, I never thought that stuff like this would bother me.  Really, when I think about the big picture, who cares about stretch marks!  I will admit though that I did get a little bummed out when I saw those first few purple lines this morning.  I'm having a 'down' day in general and I started thinking that if I'm already getting stretch marks, how is my tummy going to look 2 months from now?

Sleep: Still not great.  I am able to go to sleep with no problem, but when I wake up for my first trip to the bathroom, it is sometimes very hard for me to get back to sleep.  There have been a few nights where I just lay in bed for hours before I'm able to doze back off.

Best moment of this week: Finishing our childbirth class last Monday.  We took a 10-week Bradley Method class and I loved it.  We both learned so much and feel more prepared.  Now that that is complete, it feels like we are 1 step closer.  Another great moment this week was hiring our labor doula.  Ben and I have been discussing this for a while, but we finally decided to go for it.  I feel  more at ease now and a little less anxious knowing that we will have that support when the time comes.

Miss anything: Nothing major I can think of.  Sleep, I suppose!

Movement: Lots of movement!  I love every moment of it.

Food cravings: Still drinking a lot of orange juice and eating a lot of oranges (though my craving seems a bit less intense since I started taking Vit C every day).  There was 1 night last week when I HAD to have biscuits and gravy for dinner.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.

Have you started to show yet: Big time.  I've gotten a lot of 'looks like you have a basketball under your shirt' comments this week.

Gender: Boy!!

Labor signs: Not yet.

Belly button in or out: Still in.

Wedding rings on or off: On for now.

Happy or moody most of the time: Still mostly good, but definitely more irritable than normal, especially after not getting enough sleep.  When I'm sleepy, little things seem like big things and it's easier to get stressed out.

Looking forward to: Finishing up the nursery, my baby shower in a few weeks, and relaxing over the holidays (hopefully)!


New rug for the nursery!

Quick selfie/dirty mirror

31 weeks