"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Mad Men Party!!!

Ben and I attended a Mad Men themed dress-up part last night.  It was so much fun!  I had a blast going shopping for my outfit and meeting up with my girlfriends the night before so that we could strategize about what to wear.  The party itself was just perfect - great food, great drinks, great company, and so many beautiful dresses!

When shopping for my dress, I initially passed right by this one.  When the other dresses I tried on didn't really wow me, I went back through the rack and this print caught my attention.  It looked quite frumpy on the hanger, especially because it had a huge white collar sewn on the neckline (front and back), but I decided to try it on anyways.  The shop owner, Alex Sandra, took one look and knew that it had so much potential underneath that collar.  With the collar tucked in and out of sight, I fell in love with the dress!  Once I got it home, removing the collar was a breeze.  





Dress, Hat, and Purse:  Vintage via Alex Sandra's Vintage Emporium
Gloves:  These gloves also came from Alex Sandra's, though I bought them a couple of years ago for my wedding.
Necklace:  Vintage (gift from Ben)
Shoes:  Chie Mihara Teco


It wouldn't be a Mad Men party without tons of booze!
Yes,  that's a chocolate fountain!