"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Valentine's Day

Yep, I'm a week and half late.  Oh well!  Ben and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day last Friday.  I'm glad we did because Ben ended up getting stuck at work until after 9:00pm on the 14th.  We went out to eat at Saucebox.  The food was really good, especially the soft shell crab steam buns (picture below).  The restaurant felt a little too trendy, but overall, it was a good experience.  Afterwards, we enjoyed some wonderful wine that Ben picked up from a nearby winery and overdosed on chocolate.  Ben was excited about celebrating the day after because that meant he could get my vday chocolate on clearance:)  Haha!

I adore the Sprightly Steps dress and I felt like it was perfect for a sweet Valentine's Day celebration.  







Dress:  Anthropologie Sprightly Steps Dress
Cardigan:  J.  Crew Jackie
Shoes:  picked up at a small boutique in London
Purse:  Vintage


Soft Shell Crab Stem Bun from Saucebox

Essie Pop Art

Oh yeah!!! The Reese's are my favorite:)