"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Striped Jackie (and a new car!)

Chickens are not the only thing we ended up bringing home this past weekend.  We also got a new (to us) car!  We have needed a new car for a while now.  We spent the past couple of months doing a lot of online research and narrowing down our criteria.  We decided on Saturday that we would start the process of test driving, and trying to find 'the one'.  We got very lucky and found it right away!  It all fell into place so perfectly.

I called the couple selling the car on Friday night.  They said that someone else was test driving it for the 2nd time (and also having their mechanic take a look at it) on Saturday morning.  After that, they had 2 other people who were interested in looking at the car Saturday afternoon.  They offered to meet us first thing Saturday morning and we agreed.  Honestly, I was expecting to take a look and then quickly move on.  I like to have time to think about things and I didn't want to feel pressured since I knew that a lot of other people were interested in the car.  However, once we saw the car, we realized it was exactly what we were looking for.  It met all of our criteria, had very low miles, and was in perfect condition.  I knew I would regret it if I passed it up.  It is a super cute, black honda civic.  I have always driven SUV-type vehicles, so this is my first actual car.  I love it!  I especially love the gas mileage:)

Just when I said in my 2012 recap post that I probably don't need any more Jackie cardigans (obviously a lie), this awesome striped version went on sale......





Top:  J. Crew
Cardigan:  J. Crew Jackie
Jeans:  AG
Shoes:  Gee WaWa
Purse:  J. Crew clearance store
Necklace:  RedEnvelope