"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Shopping in Paris

I did quite a bit of window shopping in Paris.  I only purchased a couple of things, but it was fun to browse and see what the shops there had to offer.  I ended up not buying much because the prices there were higher to begin with, and the exchange rate did not help matters at all.  A lot of the things I wanted, I knew I could find online for cheaper.

Let's start with what I did buy!  I found this dress at a little shop we stumbled across while walking to the  Sacré-Coeur.  I found 2 things in the shop that I wanted to try on - this dress and pencil skirt that I didn't end up getting.  Both were from the same brand, "Who's That Girl".

I wore this dress yesterday for the first time and I have to say, I love it!  It's a great dress for summer and I think the buttons really make the dress interesting.  





Dress:  Who's That Girl
Shoes:  All Black via Anthropologie
Bag:  Hue


The other thing I purchased was this ring.  I came across it at the Clignancourt flea market.  I paid for it, put it on and it hasn't come off since!



Now, let's take a look at some things I DID NOT buy.  Shoes, shoes, shoes! 



I saw so many adorable pairs of Campers, including this cool pair of twins with an underwater scene (can be purchased from endless here)


I also spent quite a bit of time drooling over some gorgeous Chie Mihara shoes.  It was nice to go to a shop with a decent selection of Chie's that I could look at IRL and daydream about:)  

I recognized the Edelia, Nabila, and Guarana styles.  The Guarana can be purchased from Ped Shoes (my favorite online store for Chie Mihara shoes!) in a different color and on sale.