"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I heart the J.Crew clearance center!

I'm home! I survived family time and ended up having a really fun trip:) Even though I had a much better time than expected, I was still so very happy to sleep in my own bed last night and cuddle with my fur babies. I did get to visit the J. Crew clearance center in Arden, NC while I was away. It was wonderful! Although the selection was not as great as the last time I visited, I still found quite a few things to bring home with me. They were having a couple of sales (20% off outerwear and buy one get one 1/2 off of all cardigans). I noticed that there were more outlet items there this time, which was a little bit disappointing.

Here it is! It is off of the beaten path in an industrial area, but it's really not too hard to find.


The SHOE WALL!!!!!!


More shoes! I spotted some really beautiful shoes, but I didn't purchase any of them:( I have a foot injury that is in the process of healing, but until it is fully healed, I have to be very careful about what shoes I wear (this is why I have been wearing my dansko shoes nearly every day). I have some very gorgeous shoes in my closet that I cannot wait to wear once my foot heals. Until then, I'm trying to not add to my shoe collection!


Beautiful dresses!


I brought this little purse home with me. I don't usually go for velvet accessories, but I just couldn't turn this one down. The color is gorgeous, I love the chain, and the kiss lock closures look like little flowers!

Details


I love this cardigan! It is very warm and the off-center zip really makes it feel a bit edgy.


I picked up a few more items that I will feature in OOTD's sometime soon.

Hope you all are have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome recap! I am so glad you enjoyed the clearance center. I wish all the JCAs could experience it!

    How long have you been blogging? I can't believe I didn't know about it before! I am your newest follower, although for some reason my pic isn't showing up...I'm the new faceless avatar in your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I would also like to check out the clearance center in Lynchburg, VA at some point.

    I have only been blogging for a couple of weeks. I have been reading/following many blogs for a couple of years now, but just recently decided to start my own. It has been really fun so far! Thanks for following:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, congrats on starting your blog! I can't wait to see what more comes out of your little corner! What amazing racks of shoes! I would have gone wild there I think. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The JC clearance center looks amazing, and I'd be in heaven looking at that wall of shoes!

    Great find with the velvet purse. I love the oclor of it!

    Thanks for pointing me to Diana's blog with the weekly Boden exchange. I will definitely be checking it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And by "oclor", I mean color in my comment above. Apparently I can't spell today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that purse is so cute. i've never been to a jcrew warehouse/clearance store (even when i lived in VA! i should have!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I love that purse-- it's hard to find a cute kiss-lock purse (without rhinestones) these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindi - Thank you! I'm so glad you are following my blog:) I know what you mean about the shoes! It helped that I took a very small suitcase with me to NC - there was only so much I could stuff in there to bring back home with me!

    Kelly - Thanks! I'm glad you checked out Dina's blog. I'm looking forward to her boden posts! Don't worry, I know exactly what "oclor" means:)

    Tastymoog - Thanks, and YES you should have!

    Louise - I agree! I feel very lucky to have found such a cute one!

    ReplyDelete