"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New dress, new hair!

I picked this dress up at Union Rose a few months ago.  A local designer, Hubris Apparel, created this beautiful frock that I couldn't pass up. I was newly postpartum and looking for something flattering and breastfeeding friendly. This dress fit the bill so it came home with me.  It is definitely breastfeeding friendly, but not exactly pump friendly, so I haven't gotten as much wear out of it as I'd hoped.  

I have been letting the color grow out of my hair for the  past year.  When I was pregnant, I decided to not use hair dye and I continued that path after Hugo was born.  It is so nice to not have to worry about going in every 6 weeks and spending tons of $$$ to get it colored.  It has taken some adjusting, but I decided I'm just going to rock the gray for now:)  I just got it cut about a week ago and got bangs, so the gray is really 'out there' now, but I'm kind of digging it.