"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Jewelry

Ben, Hugo, and I just got back from visiting family in North Carolina.  Hugo did great on the plane, mostly sleeping and nursing, and we had a really nice visit.  It was so fun to see my family meet Hugo for the first time!

This is just a quick OOTD from a couple of weeks ago.  I feel like my clothes are a little awkward right now.  I'm not quite fitting into my pre-pregnancy jeans yet, but my maternity stuff is too big or not quite fitting right either.  I mostly wanted to show off a couple of pieces of new jewelry.

 Jeans:  Gap Maternity
Tank:  Target nursing tank
Top:  J. Crew
Shoes:  Chaco

 Ben got me this Betsy and Iya ring for Christmas.  I couldn't wear it at the time because my fingers were so swollen (lovely pregnancy side effect), but I'm wearing pretty much all of the time now.  Definitely one of my favorite pieces this spring.  I'm loving all things Betsy and Iya right now, especially this cuff and this necklace.  

I picked this necklace up recently at Union Rose.  I'm so glad I discovered this store!  They sell clothes/jewelry from a large variety of Portland designers. I loved the colors in this necklace.  I feel like it adds a little pop without being over-the-top.