"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Perspective

What a day! With my wedding coming up next week, I am starting to feel the pressure. Today has been a stressful day because I discovered that a few things I thought were taken care of, are not, in fact, taken care of. It feels like everything is falling apart. That is not true, it just feels like it today. It's been everything from my hair dresser auditioning for American Idol and then very suddenly quitting his job (I guess that means his audition went well? - Still, not what I want to hear a couple of days before he is supposed to do my hair.), to the hair piece/veil I have been waiting weeks for not working out (so now I have very little time to come up with an alternative), to our free chair supply falling through, to a cheese bar disaster.

I got dramatic and had a little bit of a breakdown tonight, which is not how I wanted this to go. I purposefully planned a very laid back, relaxed, fun BBQ/Party because I do not want to be the super stressed out, crazy, intense bride. I want to truly enjoy the day and have fun! I am learning that planning an event from across the country, no matter how laid back it is meant to be, is hard.

I will take a deep breath, cuddle with my dogs, get a good nights sleep, and wake up refreshed with a little bit of a better perspective tomorrow!












I love this dress! The color, the texture, the details - love them all. There is nothing like a beautiful dress and an awesome pair of shoes to make a hard day a little better:)

Dress: Anthropologie Beda Dress
Cardigan: J. Crew Jackie
Belt: Anthropologie Snakebite Belt
Tights: J. Crew
Shoes: Chie Mihara Loti