"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Party Time!

My company holiday part was on Friday night. I decided to wear my Spinning Lace dress because it has not gotten any love since my engagement pictures, and the lace is so soft, cozy, and perfect for winter! My company has 3 different offices in Oregon. This year, the party was held near one of the other offices in Eugene, OR, which is over 2 hours away from Portland. That is not a fun drive on a Friday evening (tons of traffic). It was also quite foggy. My company booked hotel rooms for anyone that wanted to stay there and drive back the next day. We decided not to stay because we didn't want to have to get a pet sitter to deal with the dogs and really, I would rather just make the drive and sleep in my own bed. So, other than the 5 hours of driving, we had a great night. The party was fun - well, as much fun as an office party can be:).

I spent the rest of the weekend sleeping in, reading, and finishing up our christmas shopping. I also finally decided to get a polyvore account. I'm still trying to figure it all out, but if you want to follow me, here I am:)













Dress: Anthropologie Spinning Lace Dress (Tracy Reese)
Cardigan: J. Crew Jackie
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Indigo by Clarks
Coat: J. Crew