"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Love is Sweet

I'm back......and married!!!

The wedding was absolutely wonderful. It was in the mountains of western NC on a beautiful, crisp fall day (the peak weekend for fall foliage color). Our ceremony was outside, right in front of a river. It was perfect.

I have a lot to share, but I thought I would start with the most important part, the dessert bar. Just kidding! Dessert is far from the most important thing, but I'm still weeding through the pictures of Ben and I, so I will start with dessert and go from there. I can't wait to show you our outfits and some other pictures from our ceremony and party!



Burlap bunting from Etsy (here)



Mmmmmmmmmmm:)




Ben's sister made these cupcake toppers for us. She stained them with coffee and stamped each little letter herself. Aren't they adorable?



Cake balls! We had red velvet, almond, and chocolate peanut-butter cake balls. They were delicious and a huge hit! I think every single one got eaten. These yellow ones were somewhat inspired by the cake balls anthropologie posted on their instagram feed.



Cake bunting from Etsy (here), pennants from BHLDN (here).