"It was the oldest sound in the world. Souls flying away." The Secret Life of Bees

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

what a long day

I am leaving tomorrow morning to go out of town for a few days. I'm headed to North Carolina to see my family. I'm somewhat dreading it and somewhat excited. One thing I am looking forward to is visiting the J. Crew clearance center in Arden, NC! I went there last year and it was fabulous! I was very lucky because they were having a huge sample sale the weekend I was there. I will certainly report back about what I find this time.

I have been rushing around most of the day, preparing for my trip. Work was crazy, I had a couple of appointments to go to, and then of course laundry and packing once I got home. Now, I plan to take a few minutes to read a book and relax before bed.

My dog Kya always gets a bit sad when she sees my suitcase. This is what she did while I packed:
Poor girl! I hate leaving her! She will, of course, be just fine. Ben is staying home to take care of everyone and (hopefully) keep things under control:)

Here is my outfit. I love the dress, but it wrinkles like crazy. It seems like the moment I put it on, the wrinkling starts and by the end of the day, it's a mess. Oh well, I like it anyways.

Dress: Anthropologie
Cardigan: J. Crew
Necklace: Anthropologie
Shoes: Dansko

3 comments:

  1. Safe travels! I feel the same way whenever I go see my family - but I am always super glad I went after I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you leaving this gloomy weather for NC? Jealous! Have fun and soak up some sun to bring back!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, you are right! I ended up having a great time and it was really nice to spend some quality time with my family!

    Linda, unfortunately there was no sunshine to soak up. They have gotten quite a bit of snow recently and it was very cold! Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete